Having used Doodle to organise a couple of events at work (of most importance, the Christmas lunch) I know how useful it is and how easy it is to use. I don't need to practice sending out a Doodle poll so I thought I'd do a bit of research and put together a few factoids instead:
Five Doodle facts for Fing Five:
- There's an app for that...
check out the Doodle apps for Facebook and the iPhone
- Doodle is one of the finalists in the Enterprise 2.0 LaunchPad 2010 competition in Boston - this is no mean feat as they had to be voted into the final 4 by users.
- Doodle say we should take Friday afternoons off (yay!)
- The Premium service offers a Quick reply or "who's missing?" service helping you save valuable time by chasing people up for you. Slackers beware!
- Don't forget to close your poll. This is the most underused Doodle function. Doodle will close the scheduling process for you, update your calendar with the final date (if connected) and deletes all tentative calendar dates. Clever Doodle.
Librarian in Black's 13 ways (and 147 Tools) to help your library save money on technology
Mashable's 4 Web-based Meeting Schedulers Reviewed
Tech Crunch's Doodle launches API for group events
and for a bit of fun:
How to analyse your doodles!